Monday 19 March 2012

Some more wedding memories.

The photographer has sent Heidi some more photos. Apparently the next batch will be more photos of the reception so I'll post those when I get them.
Could not believe what was involved in
lacing up this dress.
Waiting for the big moment!
The old lady shoes were just to negotiate
the ice and snow - once at the wedding, I
donned my "dancing shoes". 


Heidi & big brother Tyler.
We look a bit stunned as we were totally
caught off guard.
Staring into the sun.
What they look like as a
married couple.
And, if you have made it all the way to the bottom, I can tell you some more news. Not just one wedding this year, but two! We just received the happy news that Brian's youngest son Shaun, has proposed to his long term partner Chantel and they plan to marry this summer in Edmonton (June or July). So, our life continues to be filled with unexpected delights! With Brian's oldest planning his wedding for next summer, I'm just thinking we may have most of the kids married off within an 18 month period. My "wedding" outfit may get a few more outings.

Other news...?

It snowed again this past week - not at our house but up the top of the hill where I go to quilting - was all melted by the end of the day thankfully.
Nice sunrise...before it snowed.
The parking lot at quilting.
The view from my little spot at quilting.
After spending the day in the front garden yesterday tidying up, etc., I decided to implement some minor deer deterrent strategies. The deer generally come by around 6.30pm or so, so I sat myself at the window to see what they would do. Well, they did walk around the way I wanted them to (i.e. not through the garden beds I had just fixed up) but upon seeing the little "fence" I had installed in one section, they stopped dead in their tracks! They stood and looked for a bit, trying to figure out what it was. Then they came closer and nuzzled each separate piece of fabric tied to the string, and then nuzzled the posts - I think checking to see if any of it might be edible. After a few minutes, they moved along. They seemed quite confused.
I wish I'd thought to grab the camera
a few moments sooner. Maybe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment